Graduated from University College London (UCL) with a First Class Honors MEng degree in Biomedical Engineering and Artificial Intelligence (class of 2019). She has worked with Microsoft Research, Adobe Research and Johns Hopkins University doing research in the fields of machine learning, wearable technology and augmented reality. Her interests are on developing technologies that improve our health and well-being , and help us be more creative.
Passionate about dance, she has trained and performed professionally in ballet, modern and contemporary dance for +10 years. Equal access to quality education is very important to her, in 2016 she started a social enterprise called Lairn (more about it here) to teach children in remote areas of the world through radio.
- International Women in Engineering Day 2019 – UCL Engineering : https://www.ucl.ac.uk/centre-for-engineering-education/marina-melero-bernal-medical-physics-and-biomedical-engineering?fbclid=IwAR0sdad2MGRnVnwZMkdCsCXnaLWWuOLOyGguASYGVYEID8k2XNeF0u4Wow4
- ‘Scholarship winner and intern explores creative movement and AI’ – Adobe Research: https://research.adobe.com/news/scholarship-winner-and-intern-explores-creative-movement-and-ai/
- Public Speaking: giving talks in schools and universities to encourage more girls to pursue careers in STEM.
- Dance: contemporary dance performances, collaborations with musicians, photographers, filmmakers etc. More of my dance here.
- Research/project opportunities at the intersection of arts and technology.